This page describes how the METID website is managed under the provisions of Article 13 and Article 14 of European Union GDPR – General Data protection Regulation (679/2016/EU) in relation to the processing of the personal data of its users.
Purpose of the personal data processing
Personal data is processed according to all purposes related to design and delivery of METID website, that include purposes related to monitoring, analyzing and assessing the use of the website.
Data processing procedure
In relation to the stated purposes, the data processing is carried out with digital tools. In any case the protection is ensured by password.
Data Controller: Politecnico di Milano – Directorate General upon authorisation of the pro-tempore Rector email@example.com
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32 – 20133 Milan Italy
Phone +39 0223992243
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org – phone: +39 0223999378
Data supplied voluntarily by the user
The optional, express and voluntary sending of emails to the addresses indicated in this website implies the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, which is required to answer his/her requests, and any other personal data included in the message. Any personal data supplied voluntarily by users will be processed to execute the Politecnico di Milano – METID activities, subject to the limits laid down in laws and regulations and in accordance with the general principles of transparency, fairness and confidentiality.
Cookies and tracking technologies on the METID site
- based on your cookie settings, METID tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the METID Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- METID may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use native or mobile apps) you used when accessing the METID Site, and Politecnico di Milano – METID may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity;
- Tracking is performed via Google Analytics based upon anonimyzation of IP addresses.
- when necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the METID Site works properly for you. Without these technologies, the METID Site may not function correctly;
- to enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help Politecnico di Milano – METID gather information about how visitors use the METID Site and monitor METID Site performance, and to enhance your experience by recognizing and remembering whether you have visited the METID Site before and may have any personal preferences.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include modifying your browser settings: You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject METID’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the METID Site may not work properly.
Third party cookies
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. of 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ to help the web team analyse how Users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of a IP-anonymisation (and METID falls under this case), Google will reduce your IP address within the member states of the European Union and other member States to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP-address will be transmitted to a server of Google in the United States and be reduced there. In assignment of the operator of this website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Please note that this website extended Google Analytics for the code “gat._anonymezlp();” to ensure an anonymised recording of IP-addresses (IP masking).
More information on Google Inc. and Google Analytics can be found here: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that METID maintains about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or phone +39 0223999378.
If you consider the answer provided to be unsatisfactory, you may lodge, free of charge, a complaint with the Italian Authority for Data Protection – Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (www.garanteprivacy.it)
Effective date: March 22, 2019